Working Forests Initiative (WFI) seeks to establish and advance a common understanding of the broad range of environmental, economic, and societal benefits generated by working forests, the many sustainable products they provide, and the critical role forests play as a natural climate solution.
WFI is a new 501c6 supported by a broad range of leading companies and trade associations representing the American forestry sector. WFI includes funders and partners spanning the supply chain, from large and mid-sized timberland owners to loggers, pulp and paper producers and solid wood manufacturers who create lumber, OSB, plywood and engineered wood.
Board of Directors
- Eric Cremers PotlatchDeltic Corporation
- Ray Ferris (Secretary/Treasurer) West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd
- Jon Gartman (Chair Emeritus) Sierra Pacific Industries
- Alexander Ingraham Pingree Associates
- Cees de Jager Softwood Lumber Board
- Don Kayne Canfor
- Brian Luoma (Chair) The Westervelt Co.
- Pete Madden US Endowment for Forestry & Communities
- Jimmy Mason Louisiana-Pacific Corporation
- Grady Mulbery Roseburg Forest Products
- Jérôme Pelletier JD Irving
- Devin Stockfish Weyerhaeuser
- David Nunes Rayonier